Bon ApeTeens is a series that teaches teens how to make no-cook snacks. This month, teens learned how to make salsa and smoothies.
- We borrowed blenders from staff.
- Give teens a variety of ingredients to include in their salsa and smoothies.
- Have teens take their desired ingredients to their station and give them safety kitchen scissors to chop/cut their fruits/vegetables.
- Allow teens to operate the blenders.
- Teens should be responsible for cleaning the blender between uses, their stations, and their utensils.
- Have teens make their own recipes as they make their salsa and smoothies.
- You can use the extras to have a tasting of other recipes.
- Turn it into a competition and have staff judge the finished foods.